About 6 months to a year after I got married my husband and I were driving up to Idaho and I started getting car sick. This was not usual for me (but apparently I get motion sickness now...). We stopped at a gas station to fill up and so I went in to see if I could get anything to help me feel better and for some reason I reay wanted a York peppermint patty. This was again very strange because I remember my Mom eating York peppermint patties as a kid for her treat and thinking that was NOT a treat. They weren't even that good!
Boy was I wrong. These things are delicious! And, my body must have known that peppermint is a natural remedy for queasiness because I ate my king size peppermint patty super slowly in the car and it make me feel better. I swear it took me an hour to eat one king size peppermint patty but it worked!
Due to my new found love for peppermint patties and the success of the delicious Reese's Rice Krispie Treats I made, I just had to give York peppermint patty rice krispie treats a try too. I am so glad I did! My husband still likes the Reeses's rice krispies the best but I think the York peppermint patty rice krispies are my favorite.
Let us know which ones you like more!
YORK PEPPERMINT PATTY RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- 4 tbsp butter
- 5 ½ cups cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 bag regular marshmallows (10 oz)
- ¾ bag snack size York peppermint patties
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan
- Add the marshmallows once the butter is melted and melt the marshmallows
- Once the marshmallows are melted add the Rice Krispie cereal and mix together.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and add the York peppermint patties. You will need to crush them up a bit as you stir them in.
- Spray Pam on wax paper and put a piece of wax paper in a 9 x 13 pan. Spray the spoon with Pam as well and spread the Rice Krispie treats in the pan. Spray another piece of wax paper with Pam and cover the Rice Krispies with it – press down with your hands to flatten out the Rice Krispie treats. Remove the top wax paper piece and let the Rice Krispie treats cool.
- Once the treats are cool cut them with a serrated knife and enjoy!