Just a quick FYI - these things are AMAZING! If you aren't a fan of Thai food, or aren't really up to trying something different, I seriously urge you to try these. They are so good.
- 8 flour tortillas
- 16 oz. chicken
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/3 cup + 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook and dice the chicken. (I have prepared the chicken several ways when preparing this, boiling and grilling. Both worked out great. Just what you prefer.)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the onions, cabbage, carrots, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until the vegetables are tender (but still have a little crunch to them), about 6-8 minutes. (I added a little bit of water while they were cooking to help soften up the veggies.) Add in the chicken.
- Whisk together the coconut milk and sweet chili sauce, and add about 1 cup of the mixture to the chicken and veggies. Heat for a few more minutes to warm the sauce then remove from the heat.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Assemble the enchiladas: Warm the tortillas for several seconds in the microwave. Add 1/8 of the chicken and veggie mixture to each tortilla, and roll it up. Place seam-side down in the baking dish. Repeat for the remaining tortillas. Top the enchiladas with the remaining coconut milk and chili sauce mix.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and top with cilantro.