Even though we're only on day 3 of our 13 day vacation, I still wanted to share some tasty food with all of you. So on to the recipe!
My friend Keriann and I are always swapping recipes at work. Most of the time we are swapping quick recipes that can appease our hangry husbands - or let's be honest, us too - when we get home from work. She told me that one of their favorite quick dishes is a sweet potato burrito. I was sold. I figured I would try them out and see what we thought. I got all the ingredients I thought I would need only to come home and realize I didn't buy any flour tortillas. Yeah, I'm that good at grocery shopping. So I adjusted my recipe to be sweet potato tacos. Pretty much amazing.
I love this recipe because it's super easy. It's not quite a 30 minute recipe because you do have to roast the potatoes and peppers for 30 minutes so I would say it's about a 35 minute recipe.
Here's what you'll need:
2 Sweet Potatoes
8 Small Mini Sweet Peppers
2 tsp Taco Seasoning
1.5 TBSP Olive Oil
8 - 6-Inch Corn Tortillas
Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
1 - 15 oz. Can of Vegetarian Refried Beans
What you'll do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cube the sweet potato into 1 cm cubes.
- Stem and seed the peppers and slice them into 1/4" round slices.
- Mix sweet potatoes and peppers with olive oil and taco seasoning.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. This keeps the potatoes from sticking to the baking sheet since they are extra starchy.
- Evenly spread the potatoes and peppers on the baking sheet.
- Place in oven and roast for 30 minutes. You want the potatoes to be just softened but not too soft that they squish when you pick them up.
- About 10 minutes before you take the potatoes out of the oven, heat up the refried beans in a small saucepan. Heat up corn tortillas by wrapping in a dishcloth and placing in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
- Remove potatoes from oven.
- Assemble tacos as follows - tortillas, beans, sweet potatoes, cheese, sour cream, and tomatillo salsa.