Cooking for one is an art. I have to try to make just enough so I am full, but don't have left overs (I don't like leftovers). Tonight I wanted some pasta, and I came up with a pretty delicious dish - if I do say so myself.
2/3 c. mini penne pasta (uncooked)
2 tbsp. butter
1 clove chopped garlic
2 handfuls baby spinach
10 cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup shaved parmesan
2 tbsp. breadcrumbs
Directions:1. Boil pasta and cook to al dente
2. Pour the pasta into a colander
3. While the pasta is draining, put the butter into the pan and turn the heat down. Start melting the butter and when it starts to change color add in the spinach and garlic.
4. Once the butter is browned, remove from the
burner and add the pasta back in (If the spinach is not cooked remove from the heat and let the hot butter finish cooking the spinach.)
5. Add in the tomatoes, breadcrumbs and most of the parmesan cheese and mix it all together.
6. Top with the remaining parmesean cheese and enjoy!