I few years ago I went to a potluck where everyone brought something to share. Someone brought this amazing and delicious Chinese Chicken Salad recipe. It was so yummy that I sought out who brought it and asked for the recipe. I have made a few small adjustments and now I want to share that recipe with all of you so you can enjoy it as much as I do!
Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 head green cabbage
- I head iceberg lettuce
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 (12 oz) can canned chicken
- 1 (6 oz) bag sliced almonds
- 1 ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 packages chicken top ramen, noodles and seasoning packets separated
- Wash all vegetables, cabbage, lettuce, green onions and cilantro. Chop all vegetables in to small pieces.
- While the top ramen is in the bag, crush up the noodles.
- Mix together cabbage, lettuce, green onions, cilantro, chicken, almonds, and top ramen noodles.
- In a saucepan over medium heat whisk together the vegetable oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce and top ramen seasoning packets. Bring the mixture to its boiling point then remove from heat. Refrigerate until the dressing is chilled.
- Coat salad with dressing.
Below are pictures of all the ingredients, chopped and being mixed together. You will need a very big bowl for this recipe, or you should half the recipe. It makes a ton. As you can see, I have used my "Watermelon Bowl", which is enormous. It actually broke last year and I tried to find a bowl just as big to replace it but I couldn't so my husband helped me fix it. I have no idea how I could have made this recipe without it!