My husband has grown us a delicious garden this year. We have almost any vegetable you can think of and even strawberries and raspberries. I have loved having all the fresh vegetables and it is honestly amazing how much better they taste. We did a taste test between some store bought carrots we had and carrots from our garden and I couldn't believe the difference.
Our garden produced a ton of huge zucchini and squash and so I have been finding fun ways to use them. I decided to go for a vegetable stuffed zucchini or squash recipe and it was a huge success! I just used tons of yummy veggies from our garden and added in some cheese and bacon. It was seriously so much better than I anticipated. We loved it!
Stuffed Zucchini / Squash Boats
- 4 oz cream cheese
- Shredded cheese
- Red, orange and yellow bell peppers, diced
- I used some of each but you want about 1 1/2 whole bell peppers total
- ½ a red onion, diced
- ½ bunch of green onions, diced
- ½ regular size container of mushrooms, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 16 oz bacon, cooked and cut in to small pieces
- 1 zucchini
- 1 squash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice up all the ingredients as directed in the ingredients list.
- Mix together all ingredients except for the zucchini and squash
- Cut the zucchini and squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds / guts with a spoon.
- Fill the zucchini and squash with the veggie / bacon mixture.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes