I have never been one to like fruit in my desserts. I love dessert and I like fruit, but I enjoy sweet desserts a lot more than tart desserts. So,when I would hear someone raving about a great fruit tart it just did not make sense to me. I still haven't gotten to the point where I want fruit in my dessert and so instead I created a custard tart that is right up my ally, plenty of sweetness to go around. And it is even topped with whipped cream!
There is however, a darling raspberry garnish on this particular custard tart - you can choose to eat it or dispose of it, whichever you prefer.
CUSTARD TART RECIPE
- 6 cups milk
- 2 packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla
- Mini pre-made graham cracker pie crusts
- Whipped cream
- Raspberries and mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- Make custard by combining the milk, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla instant pudding mix, sugar and vanilla. Mix well and chill overnight (or for a minimum of 2 hours).
- Place custard in the mini pre-made graham cracker pie crusts.
- Cover custard with whipped cream.
- Garnish with raspberries and mint leaves if desired.