When my husband and I were dating there was a night when there was a fire on the hill behind my house. It wasn't super close but definitely too close for comfort. I watched it all afternoon as it came up over the hill and then down the front side of the hill and got closer and closer to homes. So, my husband (boyfriend at the time) came over to help me pack up some of my essentials in case I was evacuated.
I bet you can guess what I had been doing that afternoon.... you guessed it - baking the most delicious peanut butter cup brownie cookies. Let's just say that these cookies are so good that when packing up the 'essentials', they came along for the ride.
Granted my husband loves loves loves peanut butter cups, so you can only imagine how much he loves these cookies and how leaving them behind to be burned to a crisp was just not an option.
Luckily, I was not evacuated and my house is still standing today - whew!
I hope you enjoy these delicious treats!
Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Cookies
- 1 package brownie mix
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 can whipped chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the brownie mix, melted butter, cream cheese and egg until well blended – the dough will still be sticky.
- Place balls of the sticky brownie batter on to a greased cookie sheet.
- Mix together the creamy peanut butter and powdered sugar until well blended. You can mix it with a spoon at first but you will need to use your hands to really get it mixed.
- Roll balls of the peanut butter / powdered sugar mixture and place them in the center of each of the brownie batter drops on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let the cookies cool.
- Cover the peanut butter topping on the cookies with chocolate frosting.