I was staring at my refrigerator one night wondering what I should make for dinner.... I started pulling out ingredients I knew my husband and I liked, and before I knew it, I had made this DELICIOUS dinner! We LOVED it! It was easy and so good that it has made it in to our "Favorite Recipes" binder so we could make it again. We were eating the leftovers all week for lunch!
I think the "secret ingredient" to this recipe is the Mango Salsa. I get it at Costco for about $6 for a huge jar. I honestly can't remember the exact price but I always feel like it is a good deal (Side note: I have no idea how any lives without a Costco).
You really can use any salsa, but I swear the Mango Salsa gives this dinner a little bit of a sweet taste that isn't too much and is Y-U-M-M-Y!
Here is the recipe to this delightful supper time snack:
MEXICAN FIESTA PIE
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans
- 10” flour tortillas
- Orange, red and yellow bell peppers, chopped
- Onion, chopped
- Salsa (mango salsa)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cook ground beef in a saucepan over the stove. Drain excess grease.
- Add taco seasoning, black beans, onions, and bell peppers
- Cook until heated through
- Grease the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan with Pam.
- Layer the ingredients in this order: tortillas, meat mixture, salsa, cheese.
- Repeat layers
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees