After trying my Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, I was floored to try and do more with the recipe. With Memorial Day coming up and the family BBQs that entails, I thought what more appropriate than a s'mores bar? And after looking around and seeing this recipe I thought peanut butter would be a great addition. This recipe makes a lot (which totally isn't an issue) but if you want to be conservative, you can half it and use an 11 x 7 baking dish. Try them out for your next BBQ and let me know what you think!
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
*Note: This recipe fills a 9 x 13 AND an 8 x 8 baking dishes.
5 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 tsp. Baking Soda
2 tsp. Salt
2 Cups Butter, softened
1 ½ Cups Brown Sugar
1 ½ Cups White Sugar
3 tsp. Vanilla Extract
8 -12 oz. Milk Chocolate Chips
8 -12 oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
2 – 7 oz. Jars of Marshmallow Fluff
2.5 Cups Peanut Butter
½ Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- OR -
¾ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Position rack to the center of the oven and preheat to 325°
- Place flour, baking soda, and salt in large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- In bowl of mixer beat together butter and sugars until smooth using paddle attachment. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually add flour mixture until well combined.
- Transfer to large bowl and mix in the chocolate chips with a spoon or spatula.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. This recipe will also fill a small 5 x 7 baking dish so grease a smaller dish as well.
- Split the dough and press a little under half of it into the bottom of the baking dish(es).
- Place peanut butter, sweetened condensed milk (or heavy whipping cream), and powdered sugar in bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a paddle attachment. Mix until well combined.
- Spread peanut butter mixture over cookie dough layer.
- Using a spatula, scoop marshmallow fluff onto peanut butter layers. Wet hands generously with warm water and use to spread out fluff. The fluff won’t stick to your hands when they are wet.
- Spread remaining dough out onto two pieces of wax paper into the shape of each pan. A tip to get the size right: on the back of the wax paper, trace the shape of the pan with a marker. Place the marker side facedown on the counter.
- Place in oven and cook for 30 – 35 minutes until golden brown. Marshmallow fluff will bubble up and form peaks in the cookie dough, don’t let peaks get too brown.
- Remove and let cool. Cut into squares and enjoy!