These are adorable - honestly, so simple too. I just had to make them and share them with you!
These cupcakes look like graduation caps! They are perfect for graduates of any age.
And, there is a link below, and here, to a tutorial on how to use a decorating bag and tip :)
Here is everything you need:
- White cake mix
- Eggs, water and oil (ingredients to make your cake mix with - check the box)
- Blue food coloring
- White cupcake liners
- Blue M&Ms
- White whipped frosting
- Black frosting (if desired, you can use the white but it shows more)
- Ghirardelli square chocolates
- I used blue and yellow Airheads Extremes, but you can use any sugary whip candy (I did not like the Rips Whips I have pictured though and wouldn't recommend them)
Here is how you make these cupcakes:
- Make cupcakes according to package directions. Before baking them, dye the cupcake batter blue. (you can use any color you like if you want to use the school colors of the graduate).
- One the cupcakes are baked, let them cool completely. If you don't, the frosting will melt when you frost the cupcakes.
- Frost the cupcakes in a circular shape using a piping bag and frosting tip. I used a size 4 frosting tip. (Here is a tutorial on using piping bags and frosting tips for reference).
- Place the Ghirardelli chocolate squares upside down on the top of the frosted cupcakes.
- Cut your Airheads Extreme whip candy so it can hang off the end of each cupcake as the tassels on the graduation cap.
- Use a little bit of frosting (I used some black frosting I had, but I did one in white in case you don't have black so you can see how it stands out a bit more. Totally up to you on what color you use) and put it on the top of the Ghirardelli chocolate square on a corner. Put the 'tassels' on to this frosting, add a little more frosting on top of the 'tassels' and then place a blue M&M on top of that. (You can use a different color M&M of course)
Here is your Quick Tip Reminder image!