Shortly after we were married, and after my probably 20th batch of sugar cookies, my husband informed me that his favorite cookies were oatmeal raisin. Now you might think it's strange I didn't know my husband's favorite cookie, however in my defense we only dated for about 6 weeks before we got engaged and then got married 7 weeks after that. So with all that time spent speed courting and planning a wedding I hardly had time to figure out his favorite cookie. Long story short, I went on a hunt for a fantastic oatmeal raisin cookie recipe. It only took about four so-so recipes before I stumbled upon the perfect one. I've also tested it out with my nephew and neighbors who both claim to hate raisins and they all took seconds. So I present to you the Easy to Love Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.
What you'll need:
¾ Cup Salted Butter
¾ Cup Sugar
¾ Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
¾ Cup All Purpose Flour
½ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
¾ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
½ tsp. Salt
2 ¾ Cup Rolled Oats
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In large mixing bowl cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
3. Beat in eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
4. Sift flours together. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt to mixing bowl and combine.
5. Stir in oats and raisins.
6. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
cookie dough onto baking sheets using either two teaspoons or a small ice cream
scoop. I use a commercial scoop that I got from my father-in-law's restaurant when they closed.
8. Bake for 8 minutes and check. The cookies should be spread out and just barely brown on the bottom.
9. Once they are done, take them out and pull the parchment paper with the cookies still on them onto a cooling rack.
10.Cool for about 10 minutes and enjoy!
Download the pdf version of the Easy to Love Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.