My Mom always made the best lasagna. She swore by making her own instead of buying it at the store - and it turns out the recipe is really not that hard! I remember making it once when I was a lot younger and thinking that it was kind of time intensive, but I must have just been very young because I just barely made it again and it was so easy; it didn't take much time at all and it turned out just like my Mom's. Delicious and homemade.
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 (32 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 (32 oz) carton ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp chopped chives, fresh or dried
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 egg
- 8 oz. uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 (16 oz) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown meat and drain fat on medium high heat. Add water and spaghetti sauce to the meat; blend well. Simmer for 5 minutes on low heat.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, chives, oregano, and egg. Mix well.
- In a 9x13 inch pan, put 1 ½ cups meat sauce. Add half of the noodles, half the cheese mixture and half the mozzarella cheese. Repeat. On top put remaining meat sauce if you have any.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 50 – 60 minutes until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes to cool.