This is one of my favorite Fall recipes. I have been making it for years
and every time I do someone requests the recipe. It is such a simple
recipe as well, kind of a lot of ingredients, but it is a recipe I found
when I was learning to cook and I wanted recipes I could basically
"throw everything in and go". I also love that it makes both a delicious bread or yummy muffins (perfect for breakfast on the go!).
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD (OR MUFFINS!)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed cooked fresh pumpkin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
- Beat eggs, pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, milk and oil in large bowl until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-inch bread loaf pan. Or, line cupcake tins with cupcake liners and pour mixture into cupcake tins to make muffins.
- For bread, bake for 55 minutes. For muffins, bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!