As a kid I actually really liked broccoli, probably one of the only vegetables I liked when I was young. My mom always made it with delicious cheese sauce (probably the reason I liked it so much, anything covered in enough cheese is good enough for me). I thought that was how I would always eat my broccoli but then I found this recipe and it is delicious! So much different than what I grew up with and it is way better! My husband loves it as well and it is so simple. I make a serving for both of us often for dinners.
Give it a shot the next time you have broccoli!
Here is the recipe and how to make it:
The ingredients you will need are below. I make it simple by just eyeballing it and tossing the broccoli with the appropriate ingredients at the right time, which is why exact measurements are not listed below.
- Olive oil
- Garlic, minced
- Lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese
** I have Basil in the picture below as well, but it is completely optional. I have used it and omitted it and the end result tastes the same to me so I tend to leave it out.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a cooking tray with tin foil.
- Cut your broccoli in to bite size florets.
- Toss with olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 22 minutes.
6. When the broccoli comes out of the oven toss it with lemon juice and Parmesan cheese.
That's it - enjoy!